Fat experiences

Is anyone else’s sense of what is a lot of calories skewed?

I constantly find myself thinking that a 1000 calorie lunch or a 800 calorie Starbucks drink isn’t that much, and wishing they were higher in calories.
2 weeks

Absolutely. I'm quite obese, so my maintenance calories are high-- around 4,000. When I was gaining, I was eating a minimum of 12,000 a day and often a bit more if I was stuffing, so my intake now feels like nothing. Frankly, I'm seldom ever satisfied much less full To an average eater, 4,000 would be a massive amount of food. To me, it's borderline deprivation.
2 weeks

BigBallBellyGirl:
Absolutely. I'm quite obese, so my maintenance calories are high-- around 4,000. When I was gaining, I was eating a minimum of 12,000 a day and often a bit more if I was stuffing, so my intake now feels like nothing. Frankly, I'm seldom ever satisfied much less full To an average eater, 4,000 would be a massive amount of food. To me, it's borderline deprivation.

To be honest 4k is my goal for daily intake and a lot of days I struggle to even fit that much in, I can't even fathom what a 12k day looks like. I hope one day I can.

Could you share how you fit those many calories in a day? Is it primarily big meals? Or snacking? Either way, very inspiring!
2 weeks

As a feeder into extreme weight gain, it can be a challenge to keep it all in perspective. When I first took on my partner as a feedee, I asked him how many calories he ate daily as a benchmark. He said it was about 4 - 5k calories. I remember thinking, "Oh, that's not that much."

Meanwhile, if I tried to eat 4 - 5K calories daily, I'd be in a food coma well before reaching that.
2 weeks

I don’t regularly count calories I just follow my appetite but the few times when I do, I realize just how many I regularly eat which is alot I mean most people don’t put down a large pizza by themselves let alone 2 with chicken wings :^) and to me it’s not even like I’m eating that much because I’m not a very fast eater
2 weeks

BigBallBellyGirl:

Pigpigpig:
To be honest 4k is my goal for daily intake and a lot of days I struggle to even fit that much in, I can't even fathom what a 12k day looks like. I hope one day I can.

Could you share how you fit those many calories in a day? Is it primarily big meals? Or snacking? Either way, very inspiring!

I would add some caveats around my situation, including having been obese my entire life. When I was eating 12,000 calories, I was already conditioned to big meals from YEARS of stuffing and general over consumption. That said, I had some major health consequences, and some of them linger, even though I'm no longer eating this way. I'm not discouraging anyone by any means, but I am realistic about what can sustainably exist in real life versus fantasy.
2 weeks

BigBallBellyGirl:

Pigpigpig:

I've been in a similar position, with a 3-4K goal.

When I started I would do on/off periods of excessive eating by making sure I had 3-4 meals a day of around 500-1000kcal with snacks in between and having double cream Ice Cream milkshakes, even if it felt a bit uncomfortable.

Over time though I think this is having an affect on me and making it easier to eat more, although still not perfect.

If costs weren't a factor I'd probably be eating even more, especially things like McDonald's which I find 'empty kcals', handy when eating just before starting a shift.
2 weeks