Fat experiences

Getting food-drunk/bloat-drunk

Anyone else get that feeling after a big stuffing or bloat where your brain is kinda fuzzy, almost a if you've been drinking?

I've hadthis happen a few times, and I'm super curious to see how common it is!
3 weeks

Yes!, I can completely relate espically after lower grade foods like a takeaway you end up with a full belly and mind fog.
2 weeks

Agreed usually when there's alot of sugar like Chinese food!
2 weeks

Ligr77:
Anyone else get that feeling after a big stuffing or bloat where your brain is kinda fuzzy, almost a if you've been drinking?

If you eat a lot, your body will prioritize blood flow to you stomach over your brain. This can make you feel tired. This is doubly true if you eat heavy foods that require a lot of digestion or you eat a lot of things that spike your blood sugar. You'll get a buzz of energy before eventually crashing.
2 weeks

A lot of people will feel like that after Thanksgiving dinner, and they call it a "turkey coma". Although, the actual cause of it has nothing to do with the turkey itself. Try having a turkey club sandwich on any other day of the year and tell me if you feel comatose.
2 weeks

Ligr77:

Very much so! If I really push it and stuff myself enough, I get really fuzzy in the head and kinda dizzy and dumb. I’ve heard a lot of reasons for it but I’m not sure which is true. Not really sure what it’s called either but it’s definitely a thing.
2 weeks

Maybe you’re getting a buzz off tryptophan, and its serotonin-inducing consequences. It’s a natural sleep substance found in turkey, chicken, salmon, tofu, nits milk, cheeses and pineapple.

camillestyles.com/food/make-ahead-appetizers/

Ligr77:

Lex243:
Very much so! If I really push it and stuff myself enough, I get really fuzzy in the head and kinda dizzy and dumb. I’ve heard a lot of reasons for it but I’m not sure which is true. Not really sure what it’s called either but it’s definitely a thing.
2 weeks

It seems that I happen to experience this kind of a phenomenon almost everytime I eat a large amount of food.
1 day

I'm planning on being food-drunk in about 2 hours. It's a wonderful feeling. I think too much anyway, so it feels good to shut my mind off and experience the fullness
1 day