Lifestyle tips

Heavy and healthy

My wife is like the feeder unicorn. Since I started dating her she's gained at least 150 pounds. And it's actually made her healthier, and solved her old health problems even as her huge mass makes daily life more inconvenient. Not that she cares, she loves food and doesn't mind being super obese despite the struggles and stares.

When we started dating she had dangerous hypothermia that would get her sudden fainting spells and moments of violent nausea. She was rejected from donating blood because her anemia was too bad.

Now that I've fattened her up, her blood is thicker and healthier, and she's literally put on so much blubber that she never feels cold the way she used to.

Depending on your genes, just becoming super obese CAN in fact make you healthier, even if it turns you into a helpless wobbling blob like my huge well-fed love.
1 month

Heavy and healthy

Feedher3000:
I Pose this question to the combined knowledge here. How does one get morbidly obese while still being healthy? Is it possible to be 350-400 and still be healthy? I want to be a big guy but don’t want diabetes or heart trouble.
ok so I have been big all my life and have stayed health for the most part. Up until I hits my 40's then my health started having issues. There are so many factors to think about. Like what is your family history like? Eat larger amounts of foods but stay away from fried foods. Yes I ate and still eat fried foods even fast food but not often. You have to balance it with vegetables and health protin. You also have to stay active no I'm not saying you have to go work out at the gym 5 times a week. However, if you don't stay active like going shopping, out for dinner, just some form of moving and doing you will loss the ability to. The saying move it or loss it is so true. Your muscles need some work out to hold up all the weight you are carrying or you will be bed bound. That my take on things coming from someone that has been 200lbs to 620lbs all my life.
1 month

Heavy and healthy

I'd like to offer my two cents here if it's welcome!

I've always been fat but have never been "unhealthy" and I believe it is in large part to balancing my diet. I love a good fast food binge, I can take down three bowls of pasta in one sitting, and Chinese food may very well be the way to my heart, but I also will f*ck up a chicken ceasar salad, or an entire bag of grapes. Strawberries and Nutella? Yes freaking please! I'll sometimes just have an entire bag of steamed broccoli with some ranch seasoning and butter for a snack.

I think one of the best things you can do is listen to your body when it comes to maintaining your health. When you eat things that your body tells you it doesn't like (through things like heartburn and acid reflux, dehydration, digestive issues, skin issues like rashes or acne, etc) it can help to balance your diet with more nutrient rich and water heavy foods.

Foods with high water contents will make you feel satisfied longer and, what I'm more concerned with for myself, they make you just feel physically better.

Getting more water through actually drinking it or having foods that have a higher water content has made me feel so much better over the last few years. Like literally cleared up my skin, significantly reduced headaches, helped me feel more alert and awake, and really has overall improved my quality of life. All of that being said, I'm also at the heaviest I've ever been with no health issues whatsoever.

So, I'd recommend looking for those foods that you enjoy! Even if it means putting cheese on your veggies, Nutella or some sugar on your fruit, or more dressing on your salad, balancing your diet out can do wonders for your health and, what I think is more important here, it can make you just feel so much better overall. Plus, most Americans don't actually eat enough fruits and vegetables, or consume enough water which is what causes so many of the health issues we see, especially the ones that medical professionals believe are tied to obesity.

The thing is, the underlying cause of most of the health issues that come with being overweight is the actual diet, not the weight itself (apart from joint/muscle issues caused by the actual weight itself). By balancing out the things that negatively impact your body with things that positively impact it you can make huge quality of life improvements for yourself that (keep in mind I am not a medical professional) will likely positively impact your health as well.

The big thing here is that it's not about what foods are "good" or "bad" for you, it's about how you physically feel and how they're affecting your overall health. If anything, this balance can lead to a more sustainable and long term gain because it helps eliminate those health issues that put gains on pause or even cause them to need to be reversed. And wouldn't you rather suck it up and eat more fruits and veggies and drink more water than have to completely change your lifestyle due to a major health risk?

Good luck out there everyoneđź’•
1 month
12   loading