Feedback and suggestions

I can see other people's dms

So, I was chatting with someone just now, and then FF glitched. Next thing I know, I'm looking at someone else's private conversation. I back out as soon as I saw it, but dear lord.

I shouldn't be able to see other people's conversations. And I pray to God they are not seeing mine. This is a *huge* privacy violation that MUST be fixed.
1 year

Hi Munchies,

Thanks for getting in touch about this. I am very sorry this you experienced this. It is a chat bug that we are aware of and have been trying to fix.

As of yet we have been unable to replicate the issue, and are unable to 'test'because it happens sporadically. Can you give any further information about what happened / what you were doing on the chat?

Had the chat reset, were you about to click on opening a private chat with someone else, were you typing a reply, changing chat settings... any further information about this will be extremely helpful.

This is not something that should be happening, and we agree, it's a bug that needs to be fixed asap. Your privacy is of the upmost importance, and any help you or anyone else this may have happened to would be appreciated so we can get this sorted.

Thanks,
c00kie
FF Team
1 year

FF Team:
Hi Munchies,

Thanks for getting in touch about this. I am very sorry this you experienced this. It is a chat bug that we are aware of and have been trying to fix.

As of yet we have been unable to replicate the issue, and are unable to 'test'because it happens sporadically. Can you give any further information about what happened / what you were doing on the chat?

Had the chat reset, were you about to click on opening a private chat with someone else, were you typing a reply, changing chat settings... any further information about this will be extremely helpful.

This is not something that should be happening, and we agree, it's a bug that needs to be fixed asap. Your privacy is of the upmost importance, and any help you or anyone else this may have happened to would be appreciated so we can get this sorted.

Thanks,
c00kie
FF Team

I wad chatting with a friend of my in a private chat. The screen froze up for a moment. I stopped typing because sometimes chat freezes and switches back to the main chat. And if you aren't careful, whatever you type will end up in the main chat. (By the way, this is another bug that you need to fix.)

As soon as chat unfroze, I expected to see the usual main chat in general. But instead, I saw a private conversation between two other users. I didn't look very closely because I'm not a terrible person. But from what I noticed, it was a conversation that happened about an hour or two ago at the time. I could see both participants as well. I had the option to scroll up and respond as well.

It is extremely irresponsible of you that I had to find out about the bug this way. You provided no notification about this at all. And if you did, you didn't put it anywhere someone could see it.

Judging by the kinds of messages I get, a lot of other people don't know this either. Where you planning on saying nothing and just fix it quietly?
1 year

This bug has been around for some time and most regular chat users are aware of it. We understand that if you're new to chat you may not have come across this bug before and we'll leave this thread here for those people.

Every website has bugs and always will, it's inherent in the process of coding and testing, however we do our best to fix these as we go around updating the site. We haven't been able to update the chat for some time, this is because it is a bespoke piece of software and upgrading it will be very expensive and time consuming.

In the meantime, you use the chat at your own risk. It's never a good idea to put personal information into any chat application since this may be recorded in log files and in some very popular chat applications your data may even be sold to third parties. We don't keep chat logs nor will we ever sell your data, so the worst that can happen here is that your conversation may be seen by a few other members.

That said, it's still not a good idea to enter things like your mobile number, address, bank details or any other important personal information.
1 year

Locking the thread and pining it to the top of the forum.
1 year